Guadalupe Forge School of Knifemaking & Bladesmithing 2013 Winter Hammer-In
Saturday Feb. 2nd, 2013 8:30AM to 5PM.
Sunday Feb. 3rd 9am to 5pm.
1205 Forest Trail
New Braunfels, TX 78132
Located at the knife shop of Johnny Stout
Class size for the knifemaking class is limited to the first 30 students. Tuition is $200. Noon meals are provided for both Sat. & Sun.
We are fortunate for this event to be joined by Journey Smith, Richard Epting from College Station, TX. Also, Enrique Pena, Master Slipjoint Folder Maker from Laredo, TX Harvey Dean, Mastersmith from Rockdale, TX and Johnny Stout from New Braunfels, TX. Texas Knifemakers Supply will be selling supplies and Saturday. Charles Turnage will be present on Sunday. Additional instructors will be included as the event nears.
Below is a list of subjects that will be taught. These are subject to change depending on needs of class:
- Forging blades
- Forging Damascus – New technique using stainless
- Milling machine set-up and calibration
- Slipjoint Folder Techniques – Using washers
- Leather sheath making
- Lockback folder techniques – Milling parts and fit-up
- Inlaying handle shields
- Jigging handle materials
- Spinning handle pins
- Flat grinding
- Gring plube cuts / shoulders with carbide file guides
- Engraving techniques – gold wire inlay
- Milling tangs for perfect guard fit
- Mortise handle construction
- Basic handle stabilizing system – vacuum
For more information contact Johnny Stout:
Johnny Stout – firstname.lastname@example.org, 830-606-4067